2014


October 2014

It's that time again! Man, 2014 was quite the year. I wish I could say it was all happy things like you moving in with Chinwe and Jess or me finally closing the long distance chapter in my life. But 2014 also brought some of the biggest heartaches. Mama Bear left us for her heavenly home in January. Bobby and Ryan joined her shortly after. Teressa and Nate died in car accidents and more friends (and friends of friends) suffered sickness and loss. We learned this year that no one is immune to hurt and every moment with our loved ones is precious. This realization brought about big changes for us. I moved 1,000 miles away from all of my family and friends so that I could take the next important step in my relationship with Stefan. You dove headlong into new relationships in Baltimore, a beautiful new home, classes at Towson, a new boyfriend, and even braved a trip to South Africa alone to reconnect with our friend Sylvie. We've signed leases, filed taxes, changed flat tires, and cried tears of frustration and hurt. But I think we value the good things more than ever now. I'm so grateful to be home for Christmas, to share another traditional birthday photo with you, and to remember that no matter what next year brings, we serve the same loving and faithful God. 
I love you!
 
 
Copyright © Courtney & Lydia
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com